Sunday, June 27, 2004

We had a great day in the studio yesterday--much better than Friday night. Peter sounds great on "Who Am I" and the trio on "Your Love Still Amazes Me" smokes. I am pleased with the way things went. There are some major deadlines this week like sequencing (not to be confused with sequinsing. Ok--it was a bad joke.) and production credits--all for packaging. I told my buddy, Craig Fisher, that I was going to list him as choreographer. That brought a good laugh. Stephen, you're going to be costumes and Chris, you'll be drums. I am retarded.

This morning we are talking more about hope. I received an email from an old friend, Dan Jocoy, this morning. Dan is a minister in Oregon and we met way back when I was singing with Take One from ACU out at the Yosemite Family Encampment (sometime around 1988-89). Do they still have that? He's been a long distance brother ever since. He wrote and told me about his daughter being severely injured by falling on a sharp rock in their yard. According to Dan, she'll be ok. But, he wrote that later in the week he "went out to the site where she was hurt and sought to reclaim it for good through the Lord."

What a statement! This is the Kingdom upside down. It's a life filled with worship even through difficulty. It's hope in seemingly hopeless times. It's such a temptation to blame God as we walk through this broken and fallen world. This was greatly encouraging to me this morning as are about to lead people in worship who are coming from many different places and situations.

Father, You are King over the flood. When the oceans rise and thunders roar, I will soar with You above the storm. I will be still and know You are God. Thank you for your provision for Dan and his family. Please heal his daughter and restore her leg to full movement. No matter what, Lord, we WILL worship You.

2 comments:

Clarissa said...

Justin -- I want to see what you do with it, myself. I told you arranging was in your future (among other things) -- now let's see if I'm right!

Jenni said...

Brandon - I am so excited that you guys are doing "Who Am I" - I just got the Casting Crowns CD this week and I've played that song over and over again...it really speaks to my heart. Thanks for your work to bring new songs from instrumental artists into a format that we can use in a non-instrumental congregation.