Saturday, June 05, 2004

Saturday highlights
--Ella sleeping in until 7:30 (only because Sheryl was up with her for an hour from 4:30-5:30)

--going to Kinsey Wilson's birthday party complete with pony rides, bubbles, colored chalk, hotdogs, cowgirl hats, scarves, and awesome birthday cake (it's all about the cake). The girls had a blast!

--watching Shrek (#1) and laughing at the girls busting a move in that final sequence of music. The video has some incredible extras at the end that the original movie didn't have. My favorite shtick is still "Do you know the Muffin Man?" "The Muffin Man?" "The Muffin Man!"

--going to the pool with Paul, Jill, Mack, and Champ Young. Always eventful. Sheryl is trying to potty train and I am trying my best to help. Of course, after a day of coercing Maddie to go in the potty, she waited til she was swimming. I'm talking a day's worth--both ways--you got me?

--back home for pre-bed snacks, songs, tickles, prayers, and a brand new answering machine message. :)

--and now--the perfect way to end my day...Sheryl and I are about to make Deanna Carney's recipe of home-made orange pineapple ice cream. If I die in my sleep tonight I will have lived a full life in one day.

Blessings!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brandon, I am a huge Zoe fan and a faithful reader of your blog! But, right now, all I really need is THE RECIPE FOR THAT ICE CREAM! You have made me so hungry for that flavor! Please tell me that you'll be gracious and share it! Also, we are crazy about "When the Music Fades". It was such a blessing to be there at the Paramount that night AND to re-live it thru the CD is awesome! Now, about that recipe......
Blessings, Debbie

Tim Castle said...

Careful with the Shrek viewings. Our kids were convinced after watching it that the proper response after belching was, "Thanks." They'd beg for soda just to have the opportunity to thank each other.