Thursday, June 03, 2004

Last night went really well. As people came in we had Fernando Ortega's Hymns CD playing.(If you haven't heard this CD, it's a must have. Thank you, Merritt, for sending it to me.) Trina found a cool graphic (seen on our Otter Creek web site under the worship ministry page) of a rocking chair that we are using for the series. I wanted to promote the idea of rest, peace, and comfort. On stage we had a large rocking chair, a small table beside it with candles and on the other side a taller table with a soft lamp. Around the sanctuary were a couple of other "stations" with candles and crosses and things. As people came in, I wanted them to instantly feel peace.

The night went well. We spread out the shepherds at the different stations and many people went for prayer. It was definitely a different feel from the Summer Life concert and event schedule we've had over the last 8 years. It seemed refreshing--at least to me.

Afterwards we had a home-made ice cream social. MY FAVORITE! I have a new favorite flavor of home-made ice cream thanks to Deanna Carney...ORANGE PINEAPPLE! I think I ate about 70% of it. I think it's something like evaporated milk, crushed pineapple and a bottle of Orange Crush. That is what I want for my last meal.

Last night I got home around 9pm or so after being gone 13 hours. Wednesdays are always long days. Sheryl does such a great job of being the single parent on those days and also helping me stay encouraged. We talked a little last night and then I had one of the most hilarious phone conversations I've ever had with Paul and Jill Young. I can't even tell you why we were laughing so hard--mostly to do with the movie that scarred me for life and the unfortunate event Jill experienced yesterday when the woman in front of her ordered an Icy from this nice foreign man at the Farmer's Market. He got the cup too full and after putting the lid on, proceeded to SLURP off the excess off the top of the lid. Jill said the woman was just stunned. I think I made myself sick laughing with them. I love laughter and how it can just make you feel alive.

This morning we had a meeting at the label to see final art on the new project. I am going to include it on my pictures link. -----> once you get there click on "back to ZOE pics". I really love the direction. There might be some font size changes and other small additions, but basically, this will be it. I'd love to hear your feedback.

This afternoon I am having lunch with Randy Gill, Keith Lancaster, and Ken Young. We're meeting out in Franklin to welcome Ken. I am blessed by those guys. All of them so talented and such lovers of Jesus.

Tonight we have rehearsal for our next round of recording next weekend. We're getting there. Maddie is excited that ZOE is coming over (remember, they are HER friends) but even more excited that Aunt Kiki is coming to play with them while we rehearse. Many of you have met Kim (Sheryl's cousin) who travels with us on most ZOE trips helping with the kids. We're blessed to have her in Nashville.

As I left home this morning, the kiddie pool and Slip 'n Slide were beaconing me to stay and play. I am so thankful that Sheryl works hard to provide an environment of learning and fun at our house. Hopefully, I'll get some time on that Slip 'n Slide this weekend!

Have a great day, everyone. Don't forget to check out that art work. Thanks!

3 comments:

Jenni said...

Brandon - I really like the cover art - I think it all fits together really well. I'm enjoying my new ZOE CD from the live recording in Abilene!

Tim Castle said...

The cover art looks good; I can definitely relate on a spiritual level when I look at it.

And regarding the movie-which-must-not-be-named: I felt the same way after "Cabin Boy" (or any other movie which prominently features Chris Elliot) and "The Good Girl" with Jennifer Aniston. It took some time before I could confess to having seen them.

And aaaahhh.... Fernando Ortega. My parents discovered him at Praise Gathering a few years back (the same time as Len Sweet described at last year's ZOE conference), and passed on the addiction to me! On the "Hymns & Meditations" CD is one of my favorites: "Con Que Pagaremos?" I first heard it on a Promise Keepers CD a few years ago, and it just rips my heart out everytime -- even though I don't speak Spanish very well! Our congregation has recently begun hosting a Hispanic Pentecostal congregation on Sunday afternoons, and I want to get together with their pastor and work this one up. I may have to do an a capella arrangement -- oh, great, another project!

judy thomas said...

The cover looks good--everything works together--color, font, and the picture! I am always so proud of myself when I can follow links and actually see what I am supposed to.