Saturday, June 19, 2004

Last night we went out with Bobby and Sonya Colvert. Bobby plays guitar, mandolin, violin, etc. for stuff at OC and Sonya sings in our ministry. They are dear friends. They had two girls early in their marriage and then a surprise third when the girls went to college. Darcy is Maddie's age and they love each other.

Bobby had some points after taking clients to The Palm and invited us to go share a dinner there. The Palm is sort of like Morton's (another one of our favorites on rare occasions). Here goes more food stuff--mmmmmmm. Lobster, asparagus, potatoes, tomato and blue cheese salad, spinach, a huge piece of chocolate cake and creme brule. I still haven't recovered.

Sheryl offered to let Darcy stay the night--Maddie's first sleep over! She wanted to give Bobby and Sonya a mini vacation. Maddie was really excited to see her still here this morning.

We just returned from the downtown public library. They have the coolest theater there that they've just finished constructing. It's for marionette shows. Today we saw Ali Baba and the 40 Thieves! The girls loved it. Sheryl takes them all the time. Today was my first trip. I'm so glad she exposes them to neat things like that. It would be easier not to take the effort, but I'm so glad she does.

Tonight we are honoring Eric Noah Wilson and his wife Natalie for all they've done for us in ZOE. We're having our party at the Smith's house. The Smith's bought the Minnie Pearl mansion several years ago. It's a really cool historic place and very warm and inviting. I suspect that has more to do with the Smith's than it does with Minnie!

Tomorrow we celebrate Father's Day at OC and then we'll head out to Arkansas. I won't be blogging this week. I'm sure I'll be back at it by Friday. I pray you all have a great weekend and a joy-filled week.

3 comments:

Matt Elliott said...

Bobby Colvert is a college buddy of my oldest brother, Tim. Often, my brother would bring his friends home with him from college when he'd visit for a weekend, and the majority of them couldn't have cared less about Tim's annoying little middle school brother. I have this vivid memory of Bobby Colvert, though, sitting in my room patiently trying to teach me how to play slide guitar using a Coricidin bottle on my uncle's old Silvertone acoustic guitar. I thought he was the coolest, nicest guy I had ever met in my entire life.

I was right, too.

SG said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
SG said...

Oops! Earlier I just wanted to wish you a Happy Fathers Day!
When reading your Mom's blog about swallows, I noticed the blog ads were for "Pest Bird Control" and "Be Rid of Pesky Swallows". So I guess Mr. Blogger attempts to match the ad with the content of the blog.
Curiosity got the better of me and I hit back. Guess what ads were matched to your blog? NO LIE... "Freaky Fun Pranks" and "Free Red Lobster Trial". I guess no one pays to advertise Jesus on Blogs or I'm sure that would have come up;> I wonder what blogger ads were matched with your high seas testimony?. Have a great one!