Friday, June 04, 2004

I have added a link to Ryan's blog for your entertainment. Ryan worked for Disney for several years and now works for Pepperdine. He should quit and start writing comedy.

I have also added a link to a blog by a woman named Jen Lemen. I don't know her personally, but after the emergent convention, I have enjoyed reading her thoughts. She is a part of some emergent women's leadership groups and providing some important fodder for discussion in these times. I'd recommend her blog for any women in leadership out there--actually, for anyone.

We had a great rehearsal last night. The songs we are certain on at this point are:
*Blessed Be The Name Of The Lord (Matt Redman/Tree 63)--already recorded
*All Who Are Thirsty--already recorded
*For All You've Done (O, Cleanser of the mess..)--already recorded
*Hear Our Praises--already recorded
*Come Ye Sinners Poor and Needy/ I Need Thee Every Hour (Fernando Ortega)
*So Are You To Me (East Mountain South)
*Your Grace Still Amazes Me
*Blessed Jesus

We have a few more in the works, but these are certain. If anyone has any more suggestions, I'm really open to them.

A busy day ahead. Lunch meeting, hair cut (desperately needed), meeting at Reunion Records with Jason to listen to some new songs, and then tonight I get to play with my kids while Sheryl has a girls' night out. I am really excited about tonight on a lot of different levels. I will have a blast with my kids and Sheryl will get a much deserved break with fun friends.

I'll close today with something written on a handout given to us at the Emergent Conference. I will share more of it later, but I hope this blesses your day. It's from a sheet called "Road Details" describing some of the journey we're all on.

This is the road that reminds us to listen to all, be good for all, to bless all...to take a sad song and make it better. This is not some open-ended, "anything goes" road; this is the road for those who have faith in Jesus and live life in the way of Jesus.

This is not a time for self-flagellation; it's a time to walk through the wide-open doors of this world. Instead, watch for the unmarked places where the goodness of God is found!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Russell Heil (http://russellheil.blogdrive.com)

BST, thanks for the links to Ryan's blog...you were right, absolutely the most hilarious blog entry(ies) I have ever read. On top of all that, I even learned a new word..."speel".

I really appreciate your thoughts...they are open doors for all to see and know your desire for life, love, and ministry. And it is amazing to see what GOD has done through your talent...which we have been blessed to watch and experience through the years.

Anonymous said...

Brandon,
I recently heard Sara Groves in concert, her new album "the other side of something" has some similar themes. (I think). Including a track which is a new arrangement of "Come Thou Fount"

Tommy

Anonymous said...

Russell Heil (http://russellheil.blogdrive.com)

BST,
I have been thinking about your song list and especially about the cover for the new album...and since you asked for song ideas, you might want to check out the song "Still" (Reuben Morgan/Hillsong Publishing). This just might be one of the most powerful songs I have ever heard, and I think it might fit with the experience of your album. I sang it as a solo in my sermon a couple of months ago and it was incredibly moving (not because of me but the presence of the Lord). Anyway, for what its worth, there is my two cents...just a song that I feel captures the hope of desperation!

Anonymous said...

I hope you are well!